Care & Maintenance
Carbon rims present many performance benefits but they require a different approach when compared to aluminium rims.
The following are some key points that should be followed to ensure you get the best performance from your Ronin Cycling wheelset.
- Periodically check your rims & brake pads for any visual defects. It's important to find these issues before they worsen.
- Toe in your brake pads in order to reduce brake squeal.
- Carbon rims typically come with a factory finish that affects the braking surface. It's important to allow a period of riding to remove this finish with normal braking. Afterwards the braking system will perform as intended.
- Only use the brake pads supplied with your wheelset as they have been matched to provide optimal performance and thermal stability.
- Avoid dragging your brakes and instead focus on purposeful periods of braking.